We're proud of our heritage.
Our founder, the late Jim Sliger
WLAR, 1450 went on the air in May of 1946, one of only two radio stations between Knoxville and Chattanooga. This photo appeared in the Daily Post Athenian in 1946, and features Mr. Max Robinette, "chief announcer" of WLAR. It was taken in the brand new original studios on North Jackson St. in downtown Athens.
William P. "Bill" Atkins and Charles "Chuck" Ketron
Jimmy Hutsell worked for WLAR in the 50's. He left in 1956 to work for WCRK in Morristown.